About the Role
The Assistant Manager plays a critical role in the efficient operation of the store, its performance, and compliance. As a primary contact and team leader, they model exemplary conduct and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement. Working closely with the General Manager, they uphold the Store’s vision and ensure all objectives and goals are met or exceeded. They perform various duties personally or through supervision of employees and work collaboratively with the management team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Support General Manager to plan, direct and evaluate the operations and financial performance of the Store
- Support General Manager to develop marketing strategies and determine merchandise and services to be sold. Execute and support management team to put in place these strategies and initiatives (e.g., seasonal displays, promotions, and décor)
- Support General Manager to manage contracts, plan budgets, and implement policy
- Resolve customer complaints and support General Manager to address human resource matters
- Support General Manager to interview, hire and oversee training for staff
- Manage and order inventory, product line, and freshness of products according to company and customer requirements. Ensure food storage conditions are adequate.
- High School Diploma, General Education Development, or equivalent
- 2+ years grocery/retail management and 1+ years supervision and management experience
- Current BC drivers’ license and access to a reliable vehicle
- See “nature and scope” found on the job description
- Related College/Technical
- Well-developed planning, organizing, controlling, and administration skills.
- Highly effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy and proficient with productivity and inventory control software.
- Demonstrated teamwork, supervision, and customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple demands, work under pressure, and make decisions.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of cultural groups.
- Ability to commit to actively upholding and consistently practicing personal diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness, as well as safety and sensitivity approaches in the workplace.
40 hours/week and the ability to work a flexible schedule
Deadline and Application Process
Sweláps Market thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act and pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights code, it is TteS and Sweláps Market Policy to practice preferential hiring for Aboriginal peoples. Candidates who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
Deadline for the job posting is Sunday, June 18, 2023 by 2:00pm
Submit your job application form, cover letter, and resume online through:
Any late submissions or submissions without the job application form will not be considered.