About the Role
The Finance and Administration Manager plays a critical role in the efficient operation of the store, its performance, and compliance. As a primary contact and team leader, they model exemplary conduct and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement. Working closely with the General Manager, they uphold the Store’s vision and ensure all objectives and goals are met or exceeded. They perform various duties personally or through the supervision of employees. They work collaboratively with the management team and as well with TteS Finance and Human Resources teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Oversee general office services and provide administrative functions in support of the Store and General Manager.
- Enter data and maintain records according to generally accepted accounting principles, store policies, and other applicable regulations.
- Support the General Manager to ensure cash controls and procedures are set, followed, and verify daily cash balances. Track and monitor financial transactions.
- Prepare and process bank deposits and financial documents such as bills, receipts, and invoices.
- Plan, administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment, and supplies.
- Prepare statistical, financial, and accounting reports for management and/or Board as delegated.
- Support the General Manager to interview, hire, and oversee training for staff.
- Interface with TteS Finance and Human Resources teams to support alignment across organizations.
- High School Diploma, General Education Development, or equivalent
- 2+ years accounting / bookkeeping and 1+ years supervision and management experience
- See “nature and scope” found on the job description
- Related College / Technical
- 1+ years office management and 1+ years retail grocery experience
- Experience with relevant payroll legislation and regulatory requirements, bookkeeping practices, accounting principles and procedures, office administration, personnel records and file management, and data management and analysis
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality in preparing reports and entering information.
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with accounting and Microsoft Office programs, in spreadsheets and word processing.
- Well-developed planning, organizing, controlling, and administration skills.
- Highly effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork, supervision, and customer service skills.
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to handle multiple demands and work under pressure.
- Current BC driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of cultural groups.
- Ability to commit to actively upholding and consistently practicing personal diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness, as well as safety and sensitivity approaches in the workplace
40 hours/week and the ability to work a flexible schedule
Deadline and Application Process
Sweláps Market thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act and pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights code, it is TteS and Sweláps Market Policy to practice preferential hiring for Aboriginal peoples. Candidates who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
Deadline for the job posting is Sunday, June 18, 2023 by 2:00pm
Submit your job application form, cover letter, and resume online through: www.swelapsmarket.ca/jobs/finance-and-administration-manager
Any late submissions or submissions without the job application form will not be considered.