About the Role
The Grocery Department Manager plays a critical role in the efficient operation of the store and its performance. As a primary contact and team leader, the Department Manager models exemplary conduct and actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement. Working closely with the General Manager, they uphold the Store’s vision and ensure all objectives and goals are met or exceeded. They are responsible for the safe, efficient, and fiscally responsible operation of the Department. They perform various duties personally or through supervision of Department employees and work collaboratively with the management team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Support General Manager to interview, hire and oversee training for staff.
- Supervise and coordinate department and store staff
- Provide customer service and resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Prepare special displays, merchandise and lead product placement, and order merchandise
- Manage and order inventory, product line, and freshness of products according to company and customer requirements. Ensure food storage conditions are adequate
- Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- High School Diploma, General Education Development, or equivalent
- 2+ years grocery retail and 1+ years supervision and management experience
- See “nature and scope” in job description
- Well-developed planning, organizing, controlling, and administration skills.
- Highly effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to handle multiple demands and work under pressure.
- Current BC drivers’ license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of cultural groups
- Ability to commit to actively upholding and consistently practicing personal diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness, as well as safety and sensitivity approaches in the workplace
40 hours/week and the ability to work a flexible schedule
Deadline and Application Process
Sweláps Market thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act and pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights code, it is TteS and Sweláps Market Policy to practice preferential hiring for Aboriginal peoples. Candidates who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
Deadline for the job posting is Sunday, June 18, 2023 by 2:00pm
Submit your job application form, cover letter, and resume online through:
Any late submissions or submisions without the job application form will not be considered.