About the Role
The Meat Cutter plays a critical role in the efficient operation of the store and its performance. As a primary contact and team leader, they model exemplary conduct and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement. Working closely with the Department Manager, they uphold the Store’s vision and ensure all objectives and goals are met or exceeded. They are responsible for the safe, efficient, and fiscally responsible operation of the Department under the supervision of the Department Manager. They perform various duties personally or through supervision of Department employees and work collaboratively with the management team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Support Department Manager hire, train, supervise and co-ordinate department and store staff
- Provide customer service and prepare merchandise for purchase at self-serve or according to customers’ orders
- Support Department Manager to resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Support Department Manager to prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Prepare special displays and order merchandise
- Support Department Manager to manage inventory, product line, and freshness of products according to company and customer requirements
- Ensure food storage conditions are adequate
- ITA Meat Cutter Trades Certification (in progress)
- 1+ years meat department experience
- See “nature and scope”
- 1+ years supervision and management experience
- Strong planning, organizing, controlling, and administration skills.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to handle multiple demands and work under pressure.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of cultural groups
- Ability to commit to actively upholding and consistently practicing personal diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness, as well as safety and sensitivity approaches in the workplace
40 hours/week and the ability to work a flexible schedule
Deadline and Application Process
Sweláps Market thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act and pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights code, it is TteS and Sweláps Market Policy to practice preferential hiring for Aboriginal peoples. Candidates who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
Job Description PDF
Please apply online via our website. Applications will be screened as received.